Tuesday, February 2, 2010

trust the ice



i haven't been ice skating in years. i loved making a rink on the frozen lake at our cabin when i was younger. my sister and i would shovel off a perfect rectangular patch, my dad would use his auger to drill a hole in the ice, and together we would spread the water until the surface of the rink was smooth. sally scott’s winter collection, by japanese designer akira minagawa, makes me want to strap on some skates and dart out on the ice. for each collection, the label creates day-in-the-life narrative videos for the fictional character sally. this year they showed her at home drinking coffee and tea, reading, and at the rink skating in circles, showing off the beautiful clothes in the collection.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog. Every time I visit, I get a little rush of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much amy! i love your blogs too - they give me a much needed french fix for the day.

    ReplyDelete