Wednesday, March 24, 2010

dish dissection



yesterday, i stood at the kitchen sink aggressively trying to work my way through what looked like a weekends worth of dirty dishes. a bowl slipped between my soapy fingers and cracked into pieces against the old porcelain sink. it was bone white to the core. there were no bright colors or delicate flowers hidden beneath the surface like in beccy ridsdel's recent ceramic installation, which shows scientists dissecting various plates and mugs, testing the craftsmanship, only to find that each new layer is more beautiful then the next.

3 comments:

  1. I need these dishes, so my food pictures look prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your food pictures already make me hungry... any extra prettiness would just be mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely inventive... love it!

    ReplyDelete